aqua

Slideshow compatibility

Hi,

Configured Slideshow in User interface to shift the progress bar to the top right corner of the screen, but noticed that its only shifting the progress bar to top right corner only in vista and keeping itself in center (default position) in other OSs (say, windows 7, xp) hiding the slide show running in background.

Please help...

Thanks
Daniel

Re: Slideshow compatibility

Hello,

I've tested your scenario using version 9.6.1 of Advanced Installer, but I cannot reproduce the behavior. Can you attach a sample reproducing the behavior so we can investigate it?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
aqua

Daniel,

Do you need me to send the sample installer after building or a screen shot.

Thanks
aqua

To add to above post:

In addition to the issue of "progress dialog" positioning, noticed that 'background slide show' appears only when we choose to start it from "when package is launched" and not when we choose "when install button is clicked".

Please check this too..

Thanks
Daniel

Hello,

I've tested again your scenario and indeed this seems to be an Advanced Installer issue when our "Enhanced User Interface" feature is enabled. A fix will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing it to our attention. Until then, as a workaround you can proceed like this:
- Go to "Table Editor" page and select the "InstallUISequence" table.
- Select the "AI_MoveProgressDlg" row and remove the condition set in the "Condition" field of the related row.
- Build and run your project.

Also, please keep in mind that our "Table Editor" feature is available only in an "Enterprise" or above license.

All the best,
Daniel
aqua

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the workaround, it seemed worked doing that. I ll check with all OSs and post here and yes I am testing it in Ent. trial version.

Thanks
Daniel

Hello,

This was fixed in version 9.8 of Advanced Installer released on December 20, 2012.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”