b.biene

Feature-based Prerequisites

I have trouble to configure it the way i like to have my installer.

I want a mix 32/64bit installer with one single file (exe or msi) and the prerequisites in a sepperate folder beside the install file.

But when i cunfigure the "Feature-based" packege as "use files from disk" the files a in the Exe-bootstrapper.
When i configure it as "Download single file from URL" with the URL as "[SETUPEXEDIR]Additionals\dotNET Framework\dotnetfx35_SP1.exe" i get an Error 12006.
When i configure it as "Download single file from URL" with the URL as "file://[SETUPEXEDIR]Additionals\dotNET Framework\dotnetfx35_SP1.exe" i get an Error file not found.

How can i achieve it like i wish?
b.biene

Re: Feature-based Prerequisites

any suggestions?
Daniel

Hello,

Please keep in mind that the SETUPEXEDIR it is resolved at runtime. Also, the "URL" field is of PseudoFormatted Type and it is resolved at build time. So, you can not use a property which will be resolved at runtime in the "URL" field.

In order to achieve what you want you can proceed like this:
- Add your prerequisites packages with "Use files from disk" option.
- Set the "Folder" field, from "Prerequisites -> Setup Files" tab, like this:

Code: Select all

Additionals\dotNET Framework
- Go to "Media -> Configuration" tab and enable the "EXE setup with resources next to it" option.
- Build and run your project.

Also, can you please tell us what are the reason why you want to have the prerequisites package in a separate folder alongside the installer package?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
b.biene

As i already wrote: i want a Single setup file but the "Additionals" beside in a seppreate Folder.

If i do as you mentioned i will get for each feature/msm a single CAB file and one msi for 32bit and one with 64bit...
Bogdan

Hi,

In the current version this is not possible, you can either have all the resources next to the EXE or included in it.

We are working on an improvement that will allow you to specify a folder relative to the EXE that can contain there resources, so the CABs, MSI and prerequisites will still be outside, but in a single folder, so the user will see just the EXE setup and the folder.

Best regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”