nacatomi

Conditional setting of folder permissions

Hi,
I have searched the forum but cant find I anything to help with my problem. Basically I have created an installer for our software and the users need modify rights of APPDIR so they can download updates. I realise that I can set Domain Users to have modify rights on APPDIR on the permissions tab. But we have a problem in that the local IT departments of our clients sometimes prefer to have an OU of all the users to lock down and control permissions and apply it themselves. Ideally what I need to be able to do is to only set the permissions for APPDIR + subdirs from an install parameter if it is passed in and leave the permissions as standard if it is not. This would then allow the IT dept to roll out the install via GPO and manually set the permissions if the want to.

I hope this makes sense....

Thanks
Daniel

Re: Conditional setting of folder permissions

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

In order to achieve what you want you can use a custom action to set accordingly permissions for the related folders. Then, you can condition the custom action execution using an installer property. Please take a look on our File Permissions thread which may be useful for you.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”