mahdi

Modifying the content of a folder in a made GPO setup

Hi all,
I wrote a .net program that should export setup files for customers :?

I made my setup file (original setup file that my setup exporter app use) using "Active Directory (GPO) deployment" package of advanced installer, until the setup exporter program can modify the files of advanced installer's setup based on customer's orders, but if I change the content files of setup's folder, the setup will be failed and new added content files will not be moved to the setup's destination folder.

Question :?: :
How to have a directory in my setup project that contents can be changed after building setup, and after executing setup, the new content will be copied to setup's destination folder?

Mahdi
Daniel

Re: Modifying the content of a folder in a made GPO setup

Hello Mahdi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

In order to achieve what you want you can take a look on our "Install a user specific file" article.

Let us know if this helps, otherwise please give us more details about your scenario (maybe exemplify).

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mahdi

Daniel.Radu wrote:Hello Mahdi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

In order to achieve what you want you can take a look on our "Install a user specific file" article.

Let us know if this helps, otherwise please give us more details about your scenario (maybe exemplify).

All the best,
Daniel
Hi Daniel,

I have a zip file next to my setup.exe file; I created Copy/Move file operation step by step using the link you provided, but the zip file will not copy to the setup's destination directory, am I missing anything?
Further can I copy folders using this way?

thanks
Daniel

Hello Mahdi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”