neoswarm

run custom action only if old application exists

I'm unable to use the Upgrades tab (my current installation is per user, and previous is per-machine)

So, I'm running the custom action: [SystemFolder]msiexec.exe /x {PRODUCT CODE} /qb
which runs perfectly.

however I don't want it to run if the previous application does NOT exist. (which has a DIFFERENT location --- and completely new build than the old application)

(I have product code, upgrade code, file locations, registry information for the OLD application to work with)

I looked through the conditions available to me and don't see anything that can check registry or if folders/application files exists.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple here.....any ideas?

thanks!
Mike
Eusebiu

Re: run custom action only if old application exists

Hi Mike,

In order to achieve what you want you must go into the Search page and create an Extended Search of type "Product Version (identify by Upgrade Code)", click on the [...] button from the right of the Upgrade Code field, select the "In a MSI file" radio button and choose the application you want to install through custom action. Then into your custom action condition text field you select the property created by this search as a condition.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
neoswarm

FANTASTIC!

almost just TOO easy! =)

thanks!
Eusebiu

You're welcome. Glad to help.