Rodman

collect_db Will pay for help

We need help with the collecting part of the database… and will be glad to pay for the help.
Contact me on this forum… rodman

We have been collecting the standard stuff ( USERNAME;COMPANYNAME;PIDKEY;USER_EMAIL;UserLanguageID ) of years with no problem.

We have asked Advanced guys for help but all they do is point us to links we have read 100 times… but they did point out where to add USERNAME;COMPANYNAME;PIDKEY;USER_EMAIL;UserLanguageID;ComputerName and ADD_SVINFO to the Properties.

The problem we think is in the PHP collect_db

We have added
$computerId = trim($_POST['ComputerName']);
// get the user's language ID
$langId = (int) $_POST['UserLanguageID']

Below when we add.. computerId`, ` and mysql_escape_string($computerId) . "', " . the database stops collecting data.

$sn_query = "INSERT INTO `clients` (`user_name`, `company`, `email`, `pidkey`, `computerId`, `langId`) VALUES ('" .
mysql_escape_string($username) . "', '" . mysql_escape_string($company) . "', '" . mysql_escape_string($email) . "', '" .
mysql_escape_string($pidkey) . "', " . mysql_escape_string($computerId) . "', " . mysql_escape_string($langId) . ");";

---------------------------------
The database looks like this:
client_id int 10
user_name varchar 255
company varchar 255
email varchar 255
pidkey varchar 500
computerId varchar 500
langId int 10
date timestamp 0
Comments varchar 255

-------------

The Collect_file:
// create install information record
$content = "USERNAME=[" . trim($_POST['USERNAME']) . "], COMPANYNAME=[" . trim($_POST['COMPANYNAME']) .
"], USER_EMAIL=[" . trim($_POST['USER_EMAIL']) . "], PIDKEY=[" . trim($_POST['PIDKEY']) .
"], ComputerName=[" . trim($_POST['ComputerName']) . "], UserLanguageID=[" . trim($_POST['UserLanguageID']) . "]\n";

----------------------------

Would be happy to pay someone for help… contact me on this forum

Rodman
Daniel

Re: collect_db Will pay for help

Hello,

In order to achieve what you want you can use our "SQL Scripts" support. You can create your own script file which will extract the required information from a database and add it on "SQL Scripts" page. Please keep in mind that this feature is available only in an Enterprise or above license.

Here are a list of articles you can follow:
- Configuring Databases with SQL Scripts tutorial
- Using SQL Scripts
- ODBC/SQL how to's

Also, please keep in mind that we don't offer development support. If you don't have development experience you could try to hire a freelancer, you can even post the offer on your forums, maybe one of our advanced users will be interested.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Rodman

Re: collect_db Will pay for help

Daniel,

I guess you missed the part in my post where I say... We have been collecting the standard stuff ( USERNAME;COMPANYNAME;PIDKEY;USER_EMAIL;UserLanguageID ) of years with no problem.

And the part where I say... We have asked Advanced guys for help but all they do is point us to links we have read 100 times… but they did point out where to add the ComputerName and ADD_SVINFO to the Properties.

Where would you suggest I post to find someone to help us for pay.

Return to “Building Installers”