mzimmers

solved: providing Windows libraries

Hi, all -

I'm (presently) using the free version of the AI, so many of the commands are ghosted out. Hence, my question here.

I have a small application that I've tried to build completely standalone, but it seems that it needs two VS files, so I've decided to include them in my installation. I see the "Windows Libraries" selection in the main window; am I correct in assuming that I can put these libraries in there, and it will install them for me?

On a related subject, is there a way to add to the path variable during the installation process?

Thank you.
Last edited by mzimmers on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daniel

Re: providing Windows libraries

Hello Nick and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.
I have a small application that I've tried to build completely standalone, but it seems that it needs two VS files, so I've decided to include them in my installation. I see the "Windows Libraries" selection in the main window; am I correct in assuming that I can put these libraries in there, and it will install them for me?
Yes, you can take a look on our "Windows Libraries" article.
On a related subject, is there a way to add to the path variable during the installation process?
In order to achieve this you can update, on Environment Variables page, the Path environment variable.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mzimmers

Re: providing Windows libraries

Thanks, Daniel...that's all I needed to know.
Daniel

Re: solved: providing Windows libraries

You're welcome. Glad to help.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”