triodor

Which Custom Event after installation failed/Canceled ?

Hi All,

I use Advanced Installer 7.5.1 Enterprise version.

Prior to running a prerequisite in setup project, a local user is created with a VBScript (in prerequisite's install condition section).

If prerequisite fails or is canceled, I need to remove that local user.

Which Custom Action should I use?

Namik
Eusebiu

Re: Which Custom Event after installation failed/Canceled ?

Hi Namik and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

In order achieve what you want you can create another VBScript that will remove the related local user.

If the "Edit Prerequisite->Options->Force installation of this prerequisites" checkbox is checked you can add the remove user VBScript custom action in the "InstallExecutionSequence->Rollback" action group.

Also, if the "Edit Prerequisite->Options->Force installation of this prerequisites" checkbox is unchecked, then you can proceed like this:
- select the "Edit Prerequisite->Options->Global prerequisite installs before main MSI package" radio button option for your prerequisite package
- then go to the Search page and create the searches that you are using in the "Edit Prerequisite->Install Condition" tab for your prerequisite
- add the remove user VBScript custom action in the "InstallExecutionSequence->Install" action group
- in the "Execution Condition" of the above custom action use the above searches you created in the Search page

Let us know if it helped, otherwise give us more details about your scenario.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”