shetty_rohan

Localization for the MsgBox

hi,

As mentioned in http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... uages.html I have supported English and German languages. I also have "custom action" to display a message(i.e "display message box" custom action).

This message is always displayed in English, how can I support German message??

Regards,
Rohan
Daniel

Re: Localization for the MsgBox

Hello Rohan,

In order to achieve this you can use another custom action which will run when your installation package UI will use German language. In order to condition the above custom action you can use the ProductLanguage property. Also, you can take a look on "Language Identifier Constants and Strings" article.

For example you can have an "Execute inline script code" custom action like this:
  • Script Text: MsgBox "German message"
    Condition: ProductLanguage = 1031
Also, as another solution you can set the related message text in a property which will be used in your "display message box" custom action. Then, you can localize the property value.

Let us know if this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
shetty_rohan

If I understand you right, the first solution would only work for one language(i.e I need to have different .aip for every language).

Second solution would work with one .aip.

I tried the second solution(i.e http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... alize.html). I have created a property(i.e Product Information->Install Parameters-> Properties)

But, I am not able to locate "Click on the localization button (the one with the flags next to the [ ... ] button) in the “Properties” menu of the currently selected property". Can you please help.

Note: I currently make use of the "Advanced Installer 9.7 build 48524) Enterprise"
Daniel

Hello,
If I understand you right, the first solution would only work for one language(i.e I need to have different .aip for every language).
No, you don't need to have different .AIPs (project files). You only need to have more message box custom actions (you need to have a custom action for all of your installation languages). Also, you should condition the related custom actions execution using the ProductLanguage property.
Second solution would work with one .aip.

I tried the second solution(i.e http://www.advancedinstaller.com/user-g ... alize.html). I have created a property(i.e Product Information->Install Parameters-> Properties)

But, I am not able to locate "Click on the localization button (the one with the flags next to the [ ... ] button) in the “Properties” menu of the currently selected property". Can you please help.

Note: I currently make use of the "Advanced Installer 9.7 build 48524) Enterprise"
If you want to localize a property value from "Install Parameters" page, then you can use the context menu "Localization..." option of the "Value" field from "Edit Property" dialog.

All the best,
Daniel
shetty_rohan

Wish you a very happy new year and Sorry for the late reply.

I got the context menu, I will try this solution and let you know
shetty_rohan

Thanks, its working :-)
Daniel

You're welcome. Glad to help.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”