mukti

uninstall problem with Addin

Hello,

I am using Advanced Installer 8.8.1 for create an installer of Add-in of MS-Outlook.
Everything is working fine with installation but the problem occurred during uninstall the setup. When it removed by control panel or by installer it is not removed from Add-in (MS Outlook) what thing i have to do for resolve this problem.

Regards
Mukti
Daniel

Re: uninstall problem with Addin

Hello Mukti and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

Do you receive any errors during the uninstall process? Also, have you tried restarting Outlook to see if the add-in gets loaded again.

Can you reproduce it on multiple machines?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mukti

Hi Daniel,

No i don't receive any error message during uninstall process, but after installation process i get 2 items in control panel one is named as product name and another of vsto file name and if i uninstall the setup i get product named item has removed from control panel but second is still in control panel if i can remove it manually only not by setup, when it removed from control panel then only i don't get addin in Outlook.

Please tell for proper uninstall process.

Regards
Mukti
Daniel

Hello Mukti,

I suspect that the cause of this behavior may be a bug which was present in older version of Advanced Installer. Can you try to implement the workaround from our "Office Add-in" thread, then test your package on a clean machine and see if the behavior still reproduces?

All the best,
Daniel
mukti

Daniel,

I tried package with clean machine but still getting the same problem.

Regards
Mukti
Daniel

Hello Mukti,

Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and your installation package (EXE or MSI file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”