gaubb

How to create MSI silent package with Advanced Installer pro

Dear All,

I'm trying create MSI silent package for deploy via GPO by AI pro but not successful. Please guide me how to create it.

Many thanks,
Eusebiu

Re: How to create MSI silent package with Advanced Installer

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer.

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

You can deploy an MSI package created with Advanced Installer Pro silently via GPO by following the method described in our Deploying a MSI through GPO tutorial.

Although, it is not possible to create an MSI silent package because Windows Installer does not permit this, but as you can see in the above tutorial, this is not necessary.

Let us know if it helped, otherwise give us more details about your scenario.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
gaubb

Dear All;

I can deploy software via GPO but when end user logon required do something like click Next or OK.

Can I create msi package for run automatically, no need end user do anything? Or you have another solution?

Thanks & Best Regards,
Eusebiu

Hi,

As it is explained in the above tutorial, there are two methods of deployment through GPO: Assign Software and Publish Software.

If you use the "Assign Software" method, the MSI package will be installed automatically when the user logs on, but without showing any dialog.

If you user the "Publish Software" method, then the user will be able to install it from Control Panel.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
gaubb

Eusebiu wrote:Hi,

As it is explained in the above tutorial, there are two methods of deployment through GPO: Assign Software and Publish Software.

If you use the "Assign Software" method, the MSI package will be installed automatically when the user logs on, but without showing any dialog.

If you user the "Publish Software" method, then the user will be able to install it from Control Panel.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Hi Eusebiu,

When I install software via GPO by Assign Software method, it required user must chose "Next" to continue install.

Best Regards
Eusebiu

Hi,

If the application does not get installed automatically after you restart the computer, it might be a problem on your machine. Probably something similar to the issue described in the Packages Assigned to Computers with Group Policy Are Not Installed article.

By default, when the "Assign Software" method is used the package is installed automatically.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Building Installers”