eric

setup.exe on the professional way

If I go this way:
Start-> New-> Installer -> Visual Studio Application
then it offer to chose the path for 'setup.exe' (in the third step 'set project and package path')
So I can be sure there will be a setup.exe as well.

If I go this way:
Start-> New-> Installer -> Professional
then of course its another handling, but I could not find out, how to get a setup.exe as well.

best regards eric
Daniel

Re: setup.exe on the professional way

Hello Eric,

In order to achieve this you can select an EXE package type option from "Media -> Configuration" tab.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
eric

Hi Daniel,
I visit that side, but there are just those blue letters, wich are not like a link(using mozilla, javascript active), and down there are some more information. Or is there anything I have not seen.
Thanks eric
Daniel

Hello Eric,

You can select the related package type option from "Media page -> Configuration tab -> Package Type" options group.

All the best,
Daniel
eric

Hi Daniel,
sorry, but I have to tell, there is nothing wich call'd "Media page".
When I start a new procject, like: New->Installer->Professional, then I get the first Window, where I write down the Name of that application and Firmename.
Of course I have looking for "Media page" , leftside, all options wich are choosable, but there isn't

best regards eric
Daniel

Hello Eric,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. The "Media" page should appear under "Deployment" group from the left pane. Also, can you tell us what version of Advanced Installer you are using?

All the best,
Daniel
eric

It's still Version 9.8, I have forgotten to write that down here, sorry.

I visit that link and it starts with "In this page you can specify..." That means (I guess) Your tool, has any part called 'media page'
But I haven't or cant find it. I have above a menue-bar and left a scroll bar there is nothing wich called 'media page'

I like to know that, cause I expect that the future will force me (maybe) for any reasons to use that professional way, instead of the other.

Thanks, eric
Daniel

Hello Eric,

Maybe you have removed the "Media" page from the left pane. Can you please use the "Add/Remove" hyperlink (which is in the bottom of the left pane) and, then add the "Media" page from "Deployment" group to the left menu?

All the best,
Daniel
eric

Dear Daniel,
sorry, but there is no "Add/Remove" link, even if I use the search option inside of that left panel.
Daniel

Hello Eric,

Can you go to "View tab -> Installation" toolbar button and select "Deployment -> Media" menu option (on Windows Vista SP2 with Platform Update or higher) or go to "Installation menu -> Deployment -> Media" option (on older operating system) and see if the behavior still persist? If so, can you please send us your .AIP (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it?

Also, can you attach a screenshot and tell us what is your machine software configuration (i.e. Windows version, service pack, Windows Installer version)?

All the best,
Daniel
eric

Hello Daniel,
after called "View -> Installation -Deployment" I got a side, wich offer diffrent package types.
And now I see that what called "media-page", it´s above the main menue-bar, the third page beside Home and View.
I´m sorry for that, I haven´t a real explication for that.
So I thank you more than any other times, Eric
Daniel

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

All the best,
Daniel
eric

Hi Daniel,
I have to correct myself, and for anyother who is looking as well about 'media'. Today I installed advanced on another maschine(WIn7 ultimate SP1 64bit) and it was the same. At first there was not a media-page,(above in that line : Home, View ...) I had to go over View-->Deployment->Media.
So I gues, yesterday I was wrong. I thought, I have never watched that line:Home, View, Media. But today I recognized, that this is as it will installed.

Eventhough I like that forum, I'm pleasure that I found it. Eric

Return to “Building Installers”