themaniac27

Prerequisites Wizard screen

I am wondering if it is possible to edit the text for the Welcome to the prerequisites wizard screen. I also don't want the user to see the Pre-requisites install screen unless the prereq failed.

EDIT: I also noticed if the user cancels the install completely, they are not notified if the installation process has ended. Is there a way to add dialogs for the prereq wizard.

AI Version: 8.0.1
Daniel

Re: Prerequisites Wizard screen

Hello,
I am wondering if it is possible to edit the text for the Welcome to the prerequisites wizard screen. I also don't want the user to see the Pre-requisites install screen unless the prereq failed.
I'm afraid you cannot edit the Prerequisites Wizard dialogs. Also, in order to achieve what you want you can add the prerequisite packages as feature-based prerequisites and run them using a silent command line.
EDIT: I also noticed if the user cancels the install completely, they are not notified if the installation process has ended. Is there a way to add dialogs for the prereq wizard.
Please keep in mind this is the normal behavior.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
themaniac27

Thanks for your response.

I did notice you can change the text for the first screen using a document file. So it's not a complete loss.

The issue I'm having (and this is in relation with previous questions I have posted) is I'm trying to uninstall software if it exists on the target computer. To do this, I'm calling a bat file which calls UNWISE.exe on their system if the registry contains the path to the uninstall. The problem is that if they cancel the installation Our components will be installed and in order to setup everything correctly they will need to uninstall everything and start over.

I tried to use the prereq wizard to avoid our installer installing files before this step occurs.
Please keep in mind this is the normal behavior.
Yes I know I was wondering if it was possible to add a screen and it doesn't look like it's possible in our version or the latest version.

I guess I will make a feature request then.

Thank you.
Daniel

Hello,
The issue I'm having (and this is in relation with previous questions I have posted) is I'm trying to uninstall software if it exists on the target computer. To do this, I'm calling a bat file which calls UNWISE.exe on their system if the registry contains the path to the uninstall. The problem is that if they cancel the installation Our components will be installed and in order to setup everything correctly they will need to uninstall everything and start over.
In order to achieve this you can run the related BAT file using a "Launch attached file" custom action. You can proceed like this:
- Go to "Search" page and add a registry search (e.g. MY_SEARCH) which will search for the related uninstall registry.
- Go to "Custom Actions" page and add a "Launch attached file" custom action with sequence, scheduled after "Wizard Dialogs Stage -> Searches" action group, which will run your BAT file. Also, you should condition the above custom action using MY_SEARCH property.
- Build and run your project.

Let us know if this helps, otherwise give us more details about your scenario.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”