rn701

Remove control panel uninstall entry for old installation

Is there a way to remove the Control Panel entry for an older version of the software that was installed with an unmanaged script (such as Wise Installer) so that only the new entry remains with uninstall, repair, etc. and the new version?

For example, previously installed an app using a Wise setup.exe called "My App" version 1.0.0

The new setup is an MSI made with AI called "My App" version 2.0.0

When I run the MSI to completely reinstall the software I'd like it to remove the "My App" for version 1.0.0 from the Control Panel list to avoid confusion going forward. The info for the old app's Wise installation is in:

HKLM\Software/Microsoft\Windows/Current Version\Uninstall\My App

I tried running regedit at the end of the new setup install to delete it, but it created a UAC pause and didn't seem to work when I said OK.

I am using the "Professional" version.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Awesome product. I evaluated all the others before purchase and found AI to have more features, a much nicer and easier to understand user interface, better stability, better documentation and more reasonable licensing at a much more competitive price. Nice work.
rn701

Re: Remove control panel uninstall entry for old installatio

Never mind. Figured it out. Added a LaunchFileorUrl custom action after commit with the command:

reg delete "hklm\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\uninstall\My App" /f

And set it to run a "local system account with full privileges."

Fixed me right up. That was too easy.

Return to “Building Installers”