neoswarm

Cant get prerequisites to install in silent mode (headless)

Hello,

**Update** It looks like I'm going to need the Enterprise license do do this below??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have an Outlook VSTO plugin installation (Professional 9.8) that needs to:
1) Install prerequisites with full UI for "regular mode" (user double clicks program)
2) Headless mode to install prerequisites in silent mode (using /qn switch, etc)

How do I get the installer to execute FEATURE-based prerequisites (.NET Framework, SQL Server Compact) in silent mode?
(The installer installs prerequisites for a regular (Full UI) installation.)

I am testing this as system user using pstools
I need to make sure the following switches work:
msiexec /i MyInstaller.msi /qn
(and their respective UI levels: /qb /qr /qf )

in silent mode, the installer installs the main application, but not the prerequisites are not installed.

Attached is my setup file if that helps!

p.s....this is apparently an old post: http://www.advancedinstaller.com/forums ... ?f=1&t=732

thanks!
m
Attachments
setup.aip
(34.43 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
Daniel

Re: Cant get prerequisites to install in silent mode (headle

Hello,

In order to achieve what you want you can take a look on our "Regarding Prerequisites silent installation" thread which may be useful for you. Also, as you already noticed, you need an "Enterprise" or above license in order to achieve what you want.
I am testing this as system user using pstools
I need to make sure the following switches work:
msiexec /i MyInstaller.msi /qn
(and their respective UI levels: /qb /qr /qf )

in silent mode, the installer installs the main application, but not the prerequisites are not installed.
I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you mean. Can you give us more details about this (maybe exemplify)?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”