ajitamitav

One installer for 32/64 bit problem with APPDIR

Curently My Advanced installer is configured for 32 bit. Now i am working on to make installer for both 32 bit and 64 bit as well.
My steps:
1. In installation parameters window i clicked Mixed 32/64- matching platform.
2. Then a mixed package organization wizard started.
3. Second page shows 64 executable and libraries i clicked scan folder and selected the folder containg the jars and libraries(Note tha the path its taking as APPDIR\*.dll,*.lib,*.bat)
4. The next page shows the 32 executable and libraries as already the installer was for 32 bit previously so the path was proper(Note the path its taking as APPDIR\Application\bin\wrapper.exe,APPDIR\Application\bin\awt.dll).
5. Next page was package organization i clicked build separate install database.
6. After the installer created when i install on the 32 bit machine, it was installed properly but for 64 bit it installed all the jars and libraries in the APPDIR not like 32 bit.

Can anyone please help me what i was missing.
For 32 bit installer is working fine installing in proper directories but in 64 bit its not installing on the Application directories :( :( :roll: :roll: .

Regards,
Amitav Choudhury
+91-8446146725
Daniel

Re: One installer for 32/64 bit problem with APPDIR

Hello Amitav and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

I'm afraid I don't fully understand what you mean. Can you give us more details about your scenario (maybe exemplify)? Also, can you send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation, on a 64-bit machine, to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”