bbarton11

How To Launch a Script Before Install

Hello All,

I've got an installer and before it kicks off, I'd like to enable some Windows Features. I'm not sure if AI can handle sending some DISM /Online /Enable-Feature:xxx commands or if that should be handled in a seperate .CMD file and launched as Administrator some other way.

Can you let me know how I might do that? Custom action?

Thank you!
Eusebiu

Re: How To Launch a Script Before Install

Hi,

Our team is working on this type of feature, but I'm not sure when it will be available.

In the meantime you can create your own custom action (DLL, VBS, BAT) that have this type of functionality. The How do I launch a CMD or BAT file article might help you.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
bbarton11

Thanks for your reply! I have a .CMD file that I'm trying to launch using "LaunchFileAsAdmin". I have the file included in the File section and have it set up in the custom action, but don't see where it's trying to install. I've tried creating a dialog for it and using the custom action but it fails every time.

Is there something I may be missing?

Thanks for your assistance!
Eusebiu

Hi,

I'm not sure why you are encountering this behavior. Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation so we can investigate them?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”