sasravanan

Unable to bundle a software using Tomcat Web Applciation

Hi,

Am newbie to AI, I need to bundle my web application using AI's Tomcat Web Application features. Am using the AI 9.9 trial version, I would purchase the license if bundling process has been completed without any trouble..

Details of my web application,

JRE 6
Tomcat 6.X
MySQL 5.X and
my application WAR file

I have added all the pre-requisites without any trouble, but I strange with the following things,
1. How to add tomcat as service
2. How to deploy my application WAR file on tomcat's webapps folder
3. How to launch my application on browser after complete the installation process.

I have gone through the docs from your official site but its confusing me. So I need a simple steps which is explained to do all the things mentioned above easily.

or, kindly give me any tutorials docs which having simple screen shots to achieve my bundling work.

My trial version of AI is going to expire within 8 days, so I need to ensure that this will help us to bundle our application fully without trouble, after that we will purchase the enterprise license version.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel

Re: Unable to bundle a software using Tomcat Web Applciation

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

In order to achieve what you want you can use our "Tomcat Web Application" installer template.
1. How to add tomcat as service
In order to achieve this you can take a look on our "error message while adding service" thread which should be useful for you.
2. How to deploy my application WAR file on tomcat's webapps folder
For this you can use a folder search to find the Tomcat webapps folder. Then, in "Files and Folders" page, you can create a property-based folder (using the associated search property - search name) and add you WAR file there.
3. How to launch my application on browser after complete the installation process.
In order to achieve this you can launch your application URL on [Finish] button. Just go to "Dialogs" page -> "ExitDialog" and select [Finish] button. In the "Finish Actions" tab check "Launch application at the end of installation" option and add your application URL like this:

Code: Select all

http://localhost:8080/file.html
Also, you can add a "Launch file or open URL" custom action without sequence like this:

Code: Select all

Command: http://localhost:8080/file.html
and run it on a button push.
My trial version of AI is going to expire within 8 days, so I need to ensure that this will help us to bundle our application fully without trouble, after that we will purchase the enterprise license version.
If you need more time to test Advanced Installer you can install it on another machine (even virtual machine) to benefit of another 30 days trial period. If you don't have another machine you can send us an email to support at advancedinstaller dot com and we can offer you an EXE file extension.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sasravanan

Re: Unable to bundle a software using Tomcat Web Applciation

Thanks for your quick response and valuable reply Daniel, let me follow your guidelines and will post my doubts if the problem is not get cleared..

Thanks again,
Saravanan

Return to “Building Installers”