ddsharper1

need help with the Trial DLL Registration Tab

I am unclear as to the generate registration key option and the license format. Do I need to use the key generator (RSA) and exactly for what purpose? Are these numbers for the registered users? If so, how do I know how many to generate? Where are they ultimately stored? I thought the trial pair at the bottom of the interface goes on every trial user's computer. Do I also use the serial number license format?
Daniel

Re: need help with the Trial DLL Registration Tab

Hello,

In order to gain a better understanding of how the licensing feature in Advanced Installer works you can take a look on our "Add trial support to your VB application" tutorial which should be useful for you. Also, you can take a look on our "Licensing Registration Tab" and "Licensing" articles.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ddsharper

setup.aip
(15.7 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Using version 10, Enterprise.
I read all of the documentation, and have built installers many times, adding the licensing features. Once, I finally got it all to work, and everything went fine, including the machine code showing up in the end users dialog. The problem ended up being that the ok button stayed grayed out in the generate registration key dialog. I reported this and received this response from Brogdan, after sending the aip file.

project was missing the private key, this is why you could not generate the license. The solution is to "Reset" the private an public keys using the command with the same name from Registration tab in Licensing page, in the split button next to generate licenses link, then save the project. Make sure you update the new keys in your code too, where required.

I did that; reset, but nothing has worked. I built many projects, and installers, but continue to notice 3 problems:
1) I cannot generate registration keys, and the text file remains empty. I tried repairing the program, to no avail.
2) The program.executables have all stopped working, with all builds, but not within visual studio itself. I add the bin/release program.exe in files/folders, before building.
3) The machine codes, received from end users, do not activate the generate key dialog OK button.

Here is the latest aip file for testapp5, and the log file.
Bogdan

We shall continue this by e-mail, please do not duplicate the posts, it just complicates thing for us and delays the reply that you will get.

Best regards,
Bogdan
Bogdan Mitrache - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”