nepoy71

Help with Install Prameters

Hi, Excuse me for this elementary question, but I'm newbie and please be patient.
How to set automatically installation path based on the search condition.
For example: I want the installer to find specific folder on my hard drive and when find it automatically to set installation path to it.
Please explain me step by step.I will be very grateful
Eusebiu

Re: Help with Install Prameters

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

In order to achieve what you want you can follow the steps below:
- go in the Search page and click on the [New Search] toolbar button (you can rename the search i.e MY_FOLDER)
- use the [Search Location] toolbar button and choose "Folder"
- in the "Path" text field of the right pane you can write the name of the folder you want to search for
- the "Depth" text field specifies how deep within the folder's subdirectories to search (a value of 6 is usually sufficient)
- go in the Install Parameters page and in the "Application Folder" text field write your search property (in your case [MY_FOLDER] instead of [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName])
- build and run the project

You can also take a look on the Search Folder On All Drives thread.

Let us know if this helped, otherwise give us more details about your scenario.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
nepoy71

Hi, Eusebiu .Thanks for your answer. I tried step by step everything you wrote, but the solution not work for me. When I set depth ,different from 1,the path automatically changes to C:\APPDIR\ and when is set to 1 it shows wrong location C:\Program Files (x86)\Daum\ instead of the original location of my folder C:\Program Files\Daum\. I use Winsows 7x64.

step 1. Image
step 2. Image
Eusebiu

Hi,

This is the normal behavior when a 32-bit package is installed on a 64-bit Operating System. If you go in the Install Parameters page and change the "Package Type" to 64-bit package you can see that the location will be set to "Program Files" not "Program Files (x86)", but I don't think you want to have this type of package.

Also, "Program Files (x86)" is the normal location for all 32-bit packages that are installed on a 64-bit Operating System. On the other hand, if you install your package on a 32-bit machine it will go in the "Program Files" folder.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”