Alex99

Back to sequence dialog

Hi,
Could you help me please?
In my installer I have couple "dialog in sequence". Like - PrepareDlg, FolderDlg, MyCustomDlg,ProgressDlg, ExitDialog.
On FolderDlg on Next button I have "Close current dialog" action.
I set "Displat specific dialog" on Back button on MyCustomDlg. but its doesnt works.
So my question is - What I should do to have Back button on MyCustomDlg working.(press Back and got FolderDlg).
I've tried to use "Displat specific dialog" on Next button on FolderDlg to show MyCustomDlg and "Displat specific dialog" on Back button on MyCustomDlg. But "Close current dialog" is still on FolderDlg and I cant remove it and if I reopen project I have corrupted install sequence.
Please help.

Thank you,
Alex
Daniel

Re: Back to sequence dialog

Hello Alex,

In order to achieve what you want you should simply add MyCustomDlg dialog after FolderDlg dialog. Just go to "Dialogs" page, select FolderDlg and using its context menu "New Dialog" option add a new dialog (e.g. MyCustomDlg) after FolderDlg.

Also, in order to remove the "Close the current dialog" control event added on [Next>] button from FolderDlg, just select it and then remove it using "Remove" context menu option.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”