buddysievers

SQL Scripts not executed

hi there, like the title says the installer doesnt execute sql scripts...
sometimes it install every single script without problems, sometimes it skips some scripts.
and at the end i will run my programm and it crahses because of missing sql scripts.
there are 73 scripts with a total size of 17,3 mb and the biggest one is 5 mb.

i tested allmost everything:
all scripts in one connection
each script with its own connection
all scripts merged to a single script
splitted scripts (100kb parts)

its every time the same thing, he installs my package and at the end there a missing scripts or it crash while installing...
like i said sometimes (not very often) he installs all scripts, what makes me weired !
i have verbose option on and timeout on 0.

pls help me, i like advanced installer very much and dont want change to installshield, but if theres no way to get this working i have to...
thx in advance
buddysievers

Re: SQL Scripts not executed

pls help me :roll:
buddysievers

again tested with 10.1 and the same shit...
most scripts are executed but still not all, no error on verbose mode
without verbose mode the setup crash without any reason...
i begin to hate advanced installer for this weired behavior !
i downloaded installshield 2012 and it works fine, but i dont like it at all so HELP me out !!!
Eusebiu

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm not sure why you encounter this behavior. Normally, all scripts should be executed. A script can be skipped only if an execution condition which is not true during the installation is set for it.

Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a download link to the installation package so we can download and investigate them? You can send them to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
buddysievers

im a few days not at home so i cant send you the project but i uploaded the sql files from our svn on mediafire.
just make a new project and add all sql scripts, use a sql dialog for the connection props, disable odbc select in the sql dialog.
i used mysql odbc driver 5.2w to connect to a mysql 5.5+.
then build the package without any other files, just for testing with the scripts...
http://www.mediafire.com/?khx37nf2f9u9b7b
buddysievers

ah i forgot something!
maybe its because of any special signs in the sql scripts like " instaed of ' ...
since were using svn and have many contributers there could be some lil bugs in the scripts.
for exampel sqlyog or navicat can handle them even if theyre buggy but advanced installer cant because it works more straight ?!
that was just a idea what came me just in the moment, but i dont think that it is the error...
all scripts work on sqlyog and mysql.exe commandline so its very unlikely.
but thx in advance
Clayton

I know this topic is old, but I am experiencing the same issue.

In the installer's log file, it looks like the sql statements are being cut off early. Is there seriously not a fix for this yet?
Daniel

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I'm not sure why this happens. Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

If you cannot share with us your project file, then you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”