JaYmZ_86

EXE install Help

Hi,

I am trying to create an installer to install a piece of software call Crystal Reports Runtime 10. The current file is an Exe and has no silent switches unfortunately.

i have been able to create a new Enterprise installer, added in the exe and created a custom action to launch the exe for the install to start. when the install starts i need to be able to get the installer to click on Next to go through the install and only need to press a next option twice but need this to be automatic to send out to our PC estate.

once that has finished installing there is then another batch file that needs to run as we have some .dll files to be moved on the PC for some of the custom software that uses this runtime.

Are you able to do this in Advanced installer or would we need to find something else to do the button clicks?
Daniel

Re: EXE install Help

Hello,

I'm afraid we don't have support to automatically perform the button clicks. In order to achieve this you can try to develop your own custom action. Then, if you want to launch a BAT you should proceed like in our "Launch a BAT file" how to.

If there is anything we could help you with just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”