redzion

Multilanguage installer + multilanguage shortcuts

So I'm currently testing Advanced Installer, but now I must to ask - because don't know how to resolve it...

So installer will have English, German and Slovenian language. Firstly, I saw that translation to Slovenian language was not all correct, so I fixed it, but still cannot translate the first screen where it is saying Setup (on top of winform) - in Slovenian is saying [ProductName] Nastavitve, but it should say [ProductName] namestitev. Can this be changed?

But more inportant...
How can I set, that shortcuts are all the same, but different text conditioned based on language which is choosed to be used in install process.

So if it used language English some shortcut to .exe file should be named "Update", but if it is used Slovenian install language it should be named "Posodobitev". Of course the link is to the same .exe file.

Thank you for you answer...
Eusebiu

Re: Multilanguage installer + multilanguage shortcuts

Hi and welcome to Advanced Installer forums.

Thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.
So installer will have English, German and Slovenian language. Firstly, I saw that translation to Slovenian language was not all correct, so I fixed it, but still cannot translate the first screen where it is saying Setup (on top of winform) - in Slovenian is saying [ProductName] Nastavitve, but it should say [ProductName] namestitev. Can this be changed?
In order to achieve this, you can go in the "Translations" page, "Default Strings" tab, search for the "Nastavitve" string on the "Slovenian" column, double-click on it and modify it (it should be related to the "Property.Setup" localization ID).
How can I set, that shortcuts are all the same, but different text conditioned based on language which is choosed to be used in install process.

So if it used language English some shortcut to .exe file should be named "Update", but if it is used Slovenian install language it should be named "Posodobitev". Of course the link is to the same .exe file.
For this, you can follow the steps below:
- go in the Install Parameters page and create a new property (i.e. [SHORTCUT_NAME])
- add the "English" name of the shortcut in the "Value" field, then right-click on it, select "Localization..." and check the "Always translate this string -> Using specified localization identifier" option and click OK
- go in the "Translations" page, "Project Strings" tab, double-click on the "Property.SHORTCUT_NAME" row, on the "Slovenian" column and write the shortcut's Slovenian name there (i.e. Posodobitev)
- go in the Files and Folders page and use that property in the "Name" field of your shortcut (i.e. [|SHORTCUT_NAME])
- build and run the project

Let us know if this helped, otherwise give us more details about your scenario.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
redzion

I manage to resolve "problem" with multilanguage strings... must say that I love the way you have it... much easier then on InstallShield.

But still I have problem with startup screen, becouse I can not find text "Nastavitev" in Slovenian language dictionary or in strings...
Image1.png
Image1.png (12.85 KiB) Viewed 5024 times
Also, I can not find text "Izvlačim" in Slovenian language. This translation is completly wrong and I would like to change it... This text apear on start when installer extract the .MSI and .CAB file..

Thank you for your help.
Eusebiu

Hi,

The "Language Selection" dialog and the "Extract Files" dialog are EXE bootstrapper dialogs and the translation of the strings is included in their source code, they are not available in the dictionaries.

So, in order to translate them, you can send us the strings to be translated and their Slovenian translations and we will include them in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
redzion

Please change (update) translation for Slovenian language for EXE bootstrapper:

from word
Izvlačim
to word
Razširjanje

It will be much better translation than now is... Thank you.
Eusebiu

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I added this improvement on our TODO list and it will be available in a future version of Advanced Installer. Thank you for your suggestion.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Building Installers”