MLiss@Cetrus.com

Starting from Scratch

Hello,

I have come to the conclusion I am going down the wrong installer creation path .... and I need advice on how to setup an installer that will install/uninstall the following software:

Device Driver
Service

After these installers are created, I would like to be able to run :

ONLY the Device Driver installer
-
ONLY the Service installer
-
An installer that runs the Device Driver installer AND the Service installer as ONE installer ( in other words both installs are run, one after the other )

Please provide guidance on how I can accomplish the above.

Thanks
Mike
Sorin

Re: Starting from Scratch

Hello,

You can implement this scenario using the following method:

Create a new .AIP project for the Device Driver and a new one for the Service.

For the case you need to run both the installers you could create a new .aip project containing a chained installation for both the previous packages. Please take a look on this article : How do I create a chained installation?

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
MLiss@Cetrus.com

The post says: The first step in creating this type of installations is to configure your main project

I would like something like this:

Main Project ( only a shell that launches other installers )
Device driver install
Service install

How do I configure the "Main Project" to only be a shell to launch the other two?
Sorin

Hello,
How do I configure the "Main Project" to only be a shell to launch the other two?
This project could be configured in the following way:

1. Create a new Project (for example Enterprise type)
2. Go to "Prerequisites" page and add the two Chained prerequisite. Please note that these packages must have different file names.
3. If you want, you could also enable "Limit to basic user interface (simple progress and error handling)" as this package is just a shell and could have a simple installation.
4. If you want to display only the two main packages in the Control Panel (without the shell installation), you could enable "Do not show in list" option from "Product Details" page, "Add or Remove Programs (Control Panel)" section.

Please take a look on our tutorial : Creating Suite Installations

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”