manthysbr

Building a installer to wrap exes

Hi guys, how are you?
I'm new to AI, and im trying to do the following:

Set up an installer to the most used softwares on our company. This softwares are browsers, pdf readers, MSOffice, OpenOffice and a AV Client.

What im trying to do is to put all this softwares on one file, so i can just run once and everything installs from there.

Theres a way to do this? The only thing i could do is export the installers, and not run them. :(

Thanks in advance for your help :)
Sorin

Re: Building a installer to wrap exes

Hello,

This could be achieved by creating a main installation that will include all the other ones as prerequisites.

In order to achieve this, just create a new Advanced Installer project, go to "Prerequisites page" and add all the setups as feature bases prerequisites.

If the only purpose of this main package would be to install the prerequisites, you could disable its Add Remove Programs Control panel entry by going to "Product Details" page and unchecking "Register product with Windows Installer" option.

Best regards,
Sorin
Sorin Stefan - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
manthysbr

Hi Sorin, thanks for your reply!

That worked for me, but im struggling on making the prerequisites silent. Im trying to do a single setup to install all those softwares mentioned above.
But when i run my setup, it pops the ''next next finish'' screen for all softwares.

There is a way to make this silently?

thanks again for your help
manthysbr

Did some research and managed to put a lot of the softwares into silent install.
Just failed into Winrar and my Kaspersky Client, that wont install for nothing. The setup finishes and wont install them.

There is a way to do them?

Thanks for your help again :)
Sorin

Hello,

Please note that EXE setups are custom setups that have their own specific command lines. A possible way to find if there is an available silent command line is to launch the exe with "/?" or "/help" command line. In general these two commands display a list of all the command line options available for an exe. If this is not helpful, you have to contact the manufacturer in order to find if the setup supports silent installation and what is the method of accomplishing this.

For example, for Winrar exe setup you could use the following command line for a silent install:

Code: Select all

/s
Best regards,
Sorin
manthysbr

Thanks again, Sorin! That worked for me!

Now, the setup is almost ready! :)

One last thing, i'm customizing this setup and in the dialogs i've added one font that is not part from the windows build and some images to the setup, this kind of stuff. When i build the setup and try to install it on another computer, the images and the font wont show.

There is a way to fix it? I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks again for your help, much apreciated!
Sorin

Hello,

You are welcome!

Regarding your last issue, could you send us your .AIP project and a screenshot of this behavior to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Best regards,
Sorin
manthysbr

Sure, thank you!
Sorin

Hello,

You are welcome!

Best regards,