boz

Chained installation and Maintenance

Hi,
I'm working on an installation where I have to install a chained package based on some properties. It's working well so far using Install Condition/Uninstall Condition according to the documentation, but I don't understand what to do with the Maintenance Condition. When is it evaluated and how does it affect the installation? The documentation (Chained Package Properties and Chained Package Behavior) only mentions Install and Uninstall Conditions.
Catalin

Re: Chained installation and Maintenance

Hello and welcome to our forums,

The conditions are evaluated in the following order: Install, Uninstall and Maintenance.

The chained-package is run in Maintenance mode in the following scenario:

The main package is run in maintenance mode AND install condition is either EMPTY or FALSE AND uninstall condition is either EMPTY or FALSE AND the maintenance condition is either TRUE or EMPTY.

To summarize this up, the maintenance condition is only evaluated when install condition is empty/false AND uninstall condition is empty/false.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
boz

Thank you for the information. So if I got it right, the maintenance condition has effect in the "When the parent package runs in maintenance mode" table of "Chained Package Behavior" documentation - if the maintenance condition resolves to true, CP will run in maintenance mode as stated in the table. What if it resolves to false or is empty? I expect CP will be skipped, is this correct? I other words, the maintenance condition means in the cases where it has an effect at all "run CP in maintenance mode or don't run it at all"?
Catalin

Hello,
What if it resolves to false or is empty? I expect CP will be skipped, is this correct?
Yes, that is correct.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”