burnersk

Using .NET DLL for serial validation with CLR/Standard DLL mappers?

I have a AI Professional license and want to use AI's serial validation feature.

My application is protected by a commercial 3rd party solution that is build with .NET. So a direct integration from AI to the 3rd party .NET licensing library is not possible.

I found this generic solution for standard application (not with AI in mind): https://www.codeproject.com/Tips/695387 ... d-C-Cplusp

With this solution, I can think of getting AI's serial validation feature to work with my 3rd party licensing solution.

However, AI let me define one unmanaged/standard DLL with the serial validation configuration dialog. How do I add the other two required DLLs (CLR broker and .NET DLL) to the AI project to get the unmanaged/standard validation DLL to work? Or is this not possible?
Daniel

Re: Using .NET DLL for serial validation with CLR/Standard DLL mappers?

Hello,

If you need to have the related required DLLs in the same location (at install time) as your validation DLL, then you can simply go to "Files and Folders" page and add them under "Windows Volume > Temporary" directory using the [Add Temporary Files] toolbar button.

This way the related DLLs will be temporarily extracted under %temp% location during installation. Also the custom action which runs the validation DLL it will extract the DLL under the same %temp% location.

Hope this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”