FranB

Modify MST project from command line

Hi.
I'd like to edit from AI a new MST project from the command line (using AdvancedInstaller.com executable) to add some files, folders, registry keys, etc...

AdvancedInstaller.com supports the command "/AddFiles". However, if use this sample command line:

Code: Select all

AdvancedInstaller.com /edit File.MST /AddFile APPDIR C:\MyFile.txt
the error "Fail open or apply transform over selected MSI database file" shows up.
Is there any way to edit an MST file from command line in AI?
Catalin

Re: Modify MST project from command line

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to edit an MST from the command line. The "AdvancedInstaller.com" tool's purpose is to edit advanced installer projects only.

However, you can easily edit a transform file by opening it with UI. To edit a transform file just double click on it and Advanced Installer will launch. First it will ask for the MSI on which the transform applies, this is the only way to load it, please select the original MSI. You cannot load and edit the transform if you do not have the original MSI on which it applies to.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
FranB

Thanks Catalin.
Yes, I knew I could edit an MST file through the interface. However, I was aiming at automating the creation and edition of an MST.
Thanks anyway! :)
Catalin

You are always welcome.

Glad to assist.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”