witekgb

Updater.exe log/debug file

Is there a way to get debug information from updater.exe? We are having a problem trying to troubleshoot why our updater is not working properly - it always says the software is up to date when it's not and we cannot figure out why it says this without looking at some kind of a debug file to troubleshoot what steps the updater has gone through. Any help is much appreciated.
Catalin

Re: Updater.exe log/debug file

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

In order to achieve this, you can open your "Updates Configuration" project, go to "Update Installer" tab and then use the following command line in the "Command line:" field:

Code: Select all

/L*V "log_file_location"
Also, in what regards your problem, at a first sight, I would say that this is caused by a wrongly configured "Update Installed Detection" (see "Update Installed Detection" tab).

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
koutnypetr

Hi,

I am facing similar issue and provided advice is not enough. I have had an issue in my update file but since I run my updater silently, I was not able to find any log and suggested solution applies on a specific update. But since updater is having issues even finding an installer, we do need some kind of another log. Where can we find it please?
Liviu

Hello,

I believe I responded to a similar question you asked here.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Building Installers”