Abhinay

How to install other exe to install as part of my installer

I have an exe built using Java, Now i need to do code signing of exe and signing of my installer.
I have the pfx file to sign it and have added in the section "Digital Signature" Now i have placed the exe in "Files and Folders" section.
How to make advanced installer install this exe rather than placing it in the Program files.
Catalin

Re: How to install other exe to install as part of my installer

Hello Abhinay,

In order to achieve this, you can add your .EXE as a prerequisite. Please have a look on "Add Prerequisite" section of our "Creating a Professional package" article.

Also, please have a look on the "Prerequisites Page" article as well.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Abhinay

If i want to uninstall that pre requisite before installing new prerequisite from the installer, How do i do that?
Catalin

Hello Abhinay,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply, but we were quite busy lately.
If i want to uninstall that pre requisite before installing new prerequisite from the installer, How do i do that?
Depending on the prerequisite, I think that this should be done automatically if the prerequisite from your package has a higher version than the prerequisite already present on the target machine.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”