Henk

Dumping PowerShell invoke log...

When running my install on a fresh VM, the installation takes about 13 minutes, which is way too long. When checking the log file, I found the delay posted below:

MSI (s) (90:34) [11:10:02:742]: Running as a service.
MSI (s) (90:34) [11:10:02:742]: Hello, I'm your 32bit Elevated Non-remapped custom action server.
Dumping PowerShell invoke log ...
--> Found PowerShell path: C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
--> PowerShell Script Execution Result Code: 0
--> PowerShell Script Execution log:
MSI (s) (90:D4) [11:25:15:363]: Executing op: ActionStart(Name=ProcessComponents,Description=Updating component registration,)
Action 11:25:15: ProcessComponents. Updating component registration

Any advice on how to reduce this time, or even skip this step?
Catalin

Re: Dumping PowerShell invoke log...

Hello Henk and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

If you have a look in the log file, few lines above of what you pasted here, you will notice that the AI_WinOptFeaturesConfig action is taking place. This custom action is used to install the "Windows Features" and the "Windows Server Roles" configured by you in the "Prerequisites" page.

Indeed, for this configuration, a PowerShell script is used. However, please keep in mind that the time is normal taking in consideration that configuring Windows features and server roles is time consuming.

For instance, you can check this first hand by manually activating the server roles you have configured in the project and you will notice that it will take around the same time as it takes from within your setup.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”