dw833

New to AI - New project in VS doesn't contain a reference.

Hi,

I'm new to Advanced Installer (AI) and having an issue I can't resolve. Using Visual Studio 2017 community edition.
I added an AI project to a solution and the references for the existing project was added to the AI project/References folders by default.
I didn't do anything to add the existing project to the references.

For a different solution, I added an AI project also. However, the existing project was not added to the AI Project/References folder.
I used the AI defaults when adding the AI project to both VS solutions. The two attachments show the difference.

So I'm not sure why there is a difference between how the AI project was added in the second solution.
Also, after the AI project is created how do I add a reference to a project in the same solution if they are not added when the AI project is created?
Attachments
AI Second Solution with no references.PNG
AI Second Solution with no references.PNG (4.18 KiB) Viewed 5131 times
AI First Solution with references.PNG
AI First Solution with references.PNG (5.61 KiB) Viewed 5131 times
Catalin

Re: New to AI - New project in VS doesn't contain a reference.

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Thank you for trying out Advanced Installer.

Could you please make sure that you checked the "References" checkbox, when adding the Project Output to your Advanced Installer project?
References.png
References.png (338.41 KiB) Viewed 5125 times
If you did proceed like that, but this did not work, could you please create a sample solution for which this issue reproduces and send it over (together with all its dependencies) by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate this issue?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”