srujan.palakurthi

NewSync option is not updating files in project file

Hi Advanced installer Team,

i am using Jenkins to build installer , as building process i have used "newSync" option but it is not updating the new files in .aip(project file). Could you please suggest how to achieve this?
srujan.palakurthi

Re: NewSync option is not updating files in project file

Team could you please suggest on this.
srujan.palakurthi

can you please suggest on this.
Catalin

Hello Srujan,
i am using Jenkins to build installer , as building process i have used "newSync" option but it is not updating the new files in .aip(project file).
I am not quite sure I understand what you mean by this. Do you mean that when you try to synchronize a folder from your .AIP file with a folder on the machine, it does not add the files from the folder in the .AIP file?

I have tested this now (outside of Jenkins, as I do not have it installed and I am not really familiar with it) and it worked as expected. Let's assume we want to synchronize our APPDIR folder with a folder from our desktop. Here is how this can be achieved:

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 16.8\bin\x86\AdvancedInstaller.com" /edit "C:\Users\Catalin\Desktop\Your Application.aip" /NewSync APPDIR "C:\Users\Catalin\Desktop\NewFolder"
As you can see, we have the following arguments above:

- the path to the AdvancedInstaller.com executable

- the /edit command

- the path to our .AIP file

- the /NewSync command

- the identifier of the folder from the project. This can be seen by right clicking on the folder --> "Properties" --> "Identifier" field

- path to our folder on the disk

After doing so, I opened the .AIP file and the APPDIR was populated with the files from the folder on the disk. Also, the synchronization remains enabled, meaning that everytime you add a new file in the folder, it will be added in the project as well.

Hope this helps somehow.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
srujan.palakurthi

Thanks for your replay @catalin,

i have used same command (newsync) to synchronize the directory.
my problem is after running the command i have opened the project and observed the files are not synced.

Please see below screenshot from my project, some files i have deleted in my local drive but it is not reflecting in project.
Attachments
AD_Project.JPG
AD_Project.JPG (93.67 KiB) Viewed 3441 times
Catalin

Hello Srujan,

I have done some research in what regards Jenkins in order to familiarize a bit with it.

I have then created a simple job that does the synchronization between two folders (one from the Advanced Installer project and one from the disk).

The synchronization was successful as far as I could see. Please note that the "/NewSync" option should be used only once as then the folder from your project will remain synchronized with the one from your disk.

I have then deleted a file from the folder on the disk. When opening the project, I could see that the file was removed from the project as well.

Could you please check the console output of your job and let me know if you notice any errors there? If any errors arise there, please post a screenshot of the error so I can further investigate this.

Additionally, could you please let me know what version of Advanced Installer are you using so I can run few tests with that version as well (I've been using Advanced Installer 16.8 - the latest version)?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
srujan.palakurthi

Thanks Catalin for your response.

i have achieved this by using /RefreshSync option on every build.

Thanks,
Srujan.
Catalin

Hello Srujan,

Thank you for your followup on this.

I am glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”