Tatyana Mykhnevych

Generic updater link

Hello,

I have application with installer built with Advanced Installer. I need to send updates to individual user groups or personal updates for specific PC. Different machines can be updated to differnt versions. I need to check if updates.txt file (file with update configiration) is present on Cloud for individual user.

Can I launch updater task from my program and dynamically pass Updates configuration file URL to track?
Or how can I pass Updates configuration URL dynamically, individually for each user?

I know the way with Updater Installed Detection section, detect by running a custom EXE. But if my custom EXE says yes, update is available, then this update will be taken from Updates configuration file URL. And this URL is the same for all machines. And I want to be able to update different machines to different versions.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Tanya
Attachments
updates.png
updates.png (30.13 KiB) Viewed 3712 times
Eusebiu

Re: Generic updater link

Hello Tanya,

You can use a property in the URL field that will be populated at install time. For example:

Code: Select all

https://[URL_PROP]/updates.txt
Another option is to send that URL to the Updater when checking for updates by using the "-url <location>" command line switch.

To launch the Updater from your application, you can integrate it with your application as detailed in the How do I programmatically integrate the Updater with applications written in various languages" article.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Tatyana Mykhnevych

Thank you for your answer!
Eusebiu

You're welcome Tanya. Glad to help.

Best regards,
Eusebiu