yufengctbu

Upgrade Preserve User Data

I encountered a problem. I released a version three years ago and stored the user data in the installation directory. Now the user data is relatively large (more than ten GB). Now I want to upgrade the application, but when upgrading the application, the program will be uninstalled first and the user data will also be cleared. So in the new version, I need to change the folder operations, But what do I need to do to keep the original data.
Catalin

Re: Upgrade Preserve User Data

Hello and welcome to our forums,

In order to preserve data during upgrade, please have a look over the following article:

How do I prevent a file or registry entry from being uninstalled or repaired?

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
yufengctbu

Thank you for your answer, which is of great help to me
Catalin

You are always welcome!

Glad I could help.

Best regards,
Catalin
yufengctbu

permission

Hello, I have encountered a difficult problem. After I finished installing the software, I clicked the immediately start button. At this point, the software started, but the permissions of the software are limited. The process of replication is as follows:
1. Click to start immediately and call out the software
2. Open the developer tool (this is an application developed using Electron)
3. On the console, enter: const cp=require ('child_process'); cp. exec ('Start-Process powershell ', {shell:' powershell '})
4. Execute 'Get-ChildItem - Path C:/Users/even/test_project/bundle/node_modules/@ mylib/abc' in the pop-up powershell window (abc is known to be a soft link);
At this point, you will get the following error Get ChildItem: Unable to traverse the path because it contains an untrusted mount point
Position Line: 1 Character: 1
+Get ChildItem - Path C:/Users/event/test_ Project/bundle/node_ Modules/@
+~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+CategoryInfo: ReadError: (C: Users ever c... rules @ mylib abc: String) [Get ChildItem], IOException
+FullyQualifiedErrorId: DirIOError, Microsoft. PowerShell. Commands. GetChildItemCommand
What is the reason for this? How should I solve this problem, regardless of whether I have elevated my administrator privileges, this error has been persistent
Catalin

Hello,

This doesn't seem to be an installation related issue, so I am not quite sure how I can assist here.

I have tried to look for the error you are getting in PowerShell, but that did not help either, as the search results did not provide any solutions.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”