asif0012

How to make custom changes to the "PrerequisiteDlg" screen

Hello,
I am using Advanced Installer 20.6 Enterprise Edition. I want to disable the checkboxes of the "PrerequisitesDlg" screen.

I am using the "PrerequisitesDlg" screen to show the available "Pre-install" prerequisites and the required actions on them. But I don't want to let the user check/uncheck the checkboxes from the "PrerequisitesDlg" screen. Because all the prerequisites are mandatory for my application if a user unchecks some of them, then the installation will fail. How can I disable checkboxes from the prerequisite selector screen? Is it possible to disable the checkboxes from the "PrerequisitesDlg" screen?

Following is my "PrerequisitesDlg" screen:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (34.24 KiB) Viewed 7880 times

If it is not possible to use the "PrerequisitesDlg" screen, will it be possible to achieve the "PrerequisitesDlg" behavior on a custom screen? In the case of a custom screen, how can I detect all the "Pre-install Prerequisites" statuses like the "PrerequisitesDlg" screen? Are there some properties, I can use to get prerequisites statuses to use in the custom screen?

Note: I have a product release in a few days, a prompt response will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
Asif
Catalin

Re: How to make custom changes to the "PrerequisiteDlg" screen

Hello Asif,

If I correctly understand your scenario, you are trying to basically force the user to install all the prerequisites.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that is not possible, as the "PrerequisiteDlg" is not an MSI dialog which can be edited using Dialog Editor feature. This is a custom dialog which has some logic embedded into it.

However, since you want to install all the prerequisites, I think you can simply do not display that dialog at all.

To achieve this, you can go to "Dialogs" page, right click on the dialog --> "Show only if" and then have a false condition there so it is never displayed, e.g.:

Code: Select all

1=2
Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”