yufengctbu

permission

Please don't laugh, I have encountered a problem. Due to historical reasons, the installation type of my software installation package was set to Per machine only (failures if user is not administrator) and after the silent installation was completed, I customized the custom action launch file. So, the problem arises. The application I started was running as an administrator, but now I need to run under my current account instead of an administrator, So what should I do, I have tried to adjust the configuration in the custom action, but every time the application starts, it still starts as an administrator, which troubles me a lot
Liviu

Re: permission

Hello,

I'm not sure why this happens.

Can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file and an installation log by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
Liviu

Hello, due to company confidentiality reasons, I am unable to send the project to you. I am sorry, but this is easy to reproduce. Please configure it as follows:
1. Configure 'Installaction type' to 'Per machine only (failures if user is not administrator)'
2. Add a custom event 'Launch file' to start the exe file in the working directory
3. Start the software after executing the installation through the command line and triggering a custom event
4. Software launched through custom events has administrator privileges
yufengctbu

Or is it possible for me to call the "AI_LaunchApp" method inside the system? Is there a way for me to install it from the command line and trigger this function with the specified parameters inside? Looking forward to your reply
Liviu

Hello,

I am not quite able to replicate the behavior you described.
Or is it possible for me to call the "AI_LaunchApp" method inside the system? Is there a way for me to install it from the command line and trigger this function with the specified parameters inside? Looking forward to your reply
I'm not quite sure I fully understand this.

If you cannot share with us your project file, then in order for us to further investigate this, you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Building Installers”