makumazan84

Prerequisite 'Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime' is not installed correctly

Hi!
Our MSI defines 'Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime' prerequisite however it does not work as it should
1) Prerequisite is getting installed no matter if it has been installed earlier or not,
2) Prerequisite installation shows an error 'Warning 4154. WebView2 Runtime prerequisite was not correctly installed' although it is being installed correctly
3) We've had a case when Edge Runtime was being installed during the uninstall of main package

I've tried the following:
* Install it before Main Package, install it During Main package
* change UI level
* changed Install Conditions to fire if 'At least one condition is false'
but none of them have worked

I was wondering if you've had similar issues with WebView2 before?
Catalin

Re: Prerequisite 'Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime' is not installed correctly

Hello,

Have you added the prerequisite from our predefined list of prerequisites?

I have run some tests with that and it looks like it's not trying to install it if it's already installed.

Your scenario would suggest the issue is with the prerequisite's detection criteria, which is wrongly set.

1. the fact that it installs although it's uninstalled means the initial condition is evaluated as false before the prerequisite installation (when it should be true, meaning it is already installed)

2. the fact that you receive that warning means the condition is evaluated as false aftert he prerequisite installation (when it should also be true, meaning it was correctly installed)

Here are the two conditions that are set from the predefined package which seem to be working according to my tests with v21.0 of Advanced Installer:
Screenshot_49.png
Screenshot_49.png (6.41 KiB) Viewed 4857 times
Screenshot_50.png
Screenshot_50.png (6.84 KiB) Viewed 4857 times

If you manually added it, please make sure the conditions are set correct in the "Prerequisites" page --> your prerequisite --> "Conditions" tab.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”