BulbZ

Need Help with User-Friendly UAC Prompt for my project.

Hello,

I am currently working on my own project and using version 21.0.1 of the Advanced Installer program. During the installation of my project, I have encountered an issue when the User Account Control (UAC) prompt is displayed. Specifically, an unfamiliar directory path appears:

Code: Select all

C:\Unknown-user\appdata\roaming\Usercorp\myapp version.06\install\jig.mis
Usually, this type of directory path is not shown to users during a typical program installation process. I am seeking assistance to understand why this path is displayed and how I can modify or clarify it during the UAC prompt.

Could someone please provide guidance on how to make this directory path more user-friendly or prevent it from appearing in its current form during the UAC prompt in my own Advanced Installer project? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Catalin

Re: Need Help with User-Friendly UAC Prompt for my project.

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the UAC is displayed by the Operating System and we can not really modify it through Advanced Instaler.

If possible, could you please give me a step-by-step test case which I could follow to reproduce this on my end? Or perhaps forward me a sample project which I could build and test on my end to reproduce this (you can send it at support at advancedinstaller dot com)?

I'm asking for these because I am quite curious why that is happening.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
BulbZ

I would like to share it but how would i know who i'm speaking to into the email so you can check it out Catalin. Instead of somebody else?
Catalin

Hello,

You can simply send the files and include my name in the subject so I know to look over the files.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”