mihirkapadia

Installation on a NAS drive

Hello,

I have a query for installation of my software on a NAS drive.

We have certain users who wish to install our software on a NAS drive which is like a network drive. But I think Advanced Installer cannot handle this.

If the NAS drive is say NAS:/MIHIRSDRIVE and the user has given it a drive letter in windows, say "W"

So now NAS:/MIHIRSDRIVE = W:/ on the user's computer.

But advanced installer always thinks it is NAS:/MIHIRSDRIVE and does not recognize the drive letter W that is assigned to it. As a result it writes NAS:/MIHIRSDRIVE to the registry as well and the program fails to launch because it is looking for W:/ rather than NAS:/MIHIRSDRIVE

Is there a way to fix this? :D :D :D

Thanks,
Mihir
Catalin

Re: Installation on a NAS drive

Hello Mihir,

I have tried running some tests, but it looks like this is working just fine on my end - we have a NAS drive which is assigned the letter Z.
image (10).png
image (10).png (28.49 KiB) Viewed 8820 times
Screenshot_73.png
Screenshot_73.png (8.4 KiB) Viewed 8820 times

The above are the results from manually picking the path using the "Browse" button.

If possible, could you please create a sample project that I will be able to build on my end and that reproduces this and forward it to me by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can run some more tests?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mihirkapadia

Ok, I will try it and get back to you. The issue I was facing is when the value needs to be copied to the registry, it always copied the actual NAS path and not the assigned drive letter. Do you know when was this fixed?

Thanks !!!
Catalin

Hello,

You are always welcome!

Regarding the "fix", I'm afraid I am not aware of this being reported as a bug (or at least I wasn't able to find anything in our bug tracking tool) and therefore I can't really say when this "was fixed".

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”