alter_ego_dev2

Does Advanced Installer support ARM64 architecture?

Is it possible to build an installer for the Windows 10/11 ARM64 version?
Catalin

Re: Does Advanced Installer support ARM64 architecture?

Hello,

Not quite sure I correctly understand your question here, but yes, you can create an ARM64 setup by selecting the approrpiate option in the "Install Parameters" page --> "Package type".

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
alter_ego_dev2

Thank you for the reply.
I mean a case when there is a ARM based PC computer with Windows 10/11 OS and we would like to create a .NET application for the computer. Could I use Advanced Installer to create an installation file that would contain an ARM build application and would be able to execute on the ARM-based Windows OS PC?
Catalin

Hello,

Yes, you should be able to do so by selecting the appropriate option as I've mentioned above.

Best regards,
Catalin
alter_ego_dev2

Catalin wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:01 pm Hello,

Yes, you should be able to do so by selecting the appropriate option as I've mentioned above.

Best regards,
Catalin
I've managed to install an Arm64 application using Advanced Installer. However, during installation in Task Manager/Processes the installer process is marked as (32 bit) even when I select Arm64 package in Install Parameters/Installation Options/Package type. The installer still is able to install an app, but it works slower because of Arm Windows emulation for x64/x32 applications.
Is it expected behavior?
Catalin

Hello,

If the app works slower, then most likely this is due to the emulation.

Also, the installation package does not influence the way the app itself works, so this would be a better suited question for the app developer.

Best regards,
Catalin
alter_ego_dev2

At the moment I added an additional advanced installer project for ARM64 version. The ARM64 project has only one difference: package type is set to Arm64. I'm not happy about that because now I need to do same changes in both versions.
Is it possible to have only one installer project and set Install Parameters/Package type related to some condition?
Catalin

Hello,
Is it possible to have only one installer project and set Install Parameters/Package type related to some condition?
Unfortunately, this is not possible.

The only way to overcome this would be through a single AIP and multiple builds, or perhaps multiple projects as you mentioned.

Best regards,
Catalin
alter_ego_dev2

Catalin wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:12 pm The only way to overcome this would be through a single AIP and multiple builds, or perhaps multiple projects as you mentioned.
How a separate build could help in this case? It seems the build configuration doesn't have a package type parameter.
Catalin

Hello,

In "Install Parameters" page, you can select a different build and then select a different "Package Type" for each build:
Screenshot_114.png
Screenshot_114.png (46.47 KiB) Viewed 18223 times
Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”