xObay

Set AppLogoIcon from the CLI

Hello,

I'm trying to build the entire AI file using the command line. One of the properties I need to set is the icon file in all places in the AI file. Looking at the AI file in a text editor, I can see the value is in the property AppLogoIcon. The full line looks like the following

Code: Select all

<ROW Property="AppLogoIcon" Value="applogo.png" MultiBuildValue="AnyCPU_Release:Logo850x850Transparent.png" Type="1" MsiKey="AppLogoIcon"/>
How can I set this property from the command line?

My objective is to automate the entire setup creation process into code and not have to use the GUI and use that code in Azure DevOps and make it generic enough so I can use the same pipeline with all products we build and going forward only manage the setup from the batch file (command lines).
Catalin

Re: Set AppLogoIcon from the CLI

Hello,

If you are looking to set the EXE icon that will also be displayed in the control panel, I think the SetIcon command is what you're looking for.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
xObay

Thank you for the help.

Is it possible to add all Advanced Installer settings in a configuration file, pass that file to Advanced Installer and have it build the setup file with no need to deal with the GUI?
Catalin

Hello,

That would be possible, but unfortunately not everything from Advanced Installer GUI can be translated into such file, because the command line support does not reflect 1:1 the GUI.

However, we are trying our best to improve the current PowerShell support and hopefully one day it'll be 1:1 with the GUI.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”