momo_007

Auto Notification & link to get update

Would love to purchase this software but already see some issues and limitations.

Issue I have ran both tutorials and can setup an exe updater. But it only works if we run it or from a link. How do you get the toast to send the notification at least 1 time. There is no mention on what would start to send it. Unless it's because of the the second issue I have. The limitation. I want to notify the customer that there is an update but only with a link so they can log back onto our secure digital store and download. I am aware of a license database. But should not need this for s simple notification.

If someone can help with both issues with text or demo video or an actual demo this would be great. I just can't believe there is not already and option to notify without an auto install update.
Catalin

Re: Auto Notification & link to get update

Hello,

First of all, our How to Show Toast Notification for Your Updates will for sure come in handy for you.

Additionally, please note that the Updater can only be called without installing the update through the "/checknow" or "/justcheck", for example.

Advanced Installer Updater

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”