h353655

Quiet installations and prerequesites

I have an AI project with a prerequisite MSI. I run that MSI with parameters /qn to run it silently.

When I start my installer from an elevated command prompt, it works fine, but the prerequisite can't request elevation on its own.

I then try from my elevated command prompt to run my AI project's MSI with parameters /quiet /qn, but then inly the main package and not the prerequisite is installed. The only way to install the prerequisite properly is to start my MSI from the elevated command prompt and let it run with full UI.

I have added the AIP if needed.
Attachments
BiometricSolutions.BiometricStation.DesktopStationService.Installer.aip
(183.89 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
h353655

Re: Quiet installations and prerequesites

I changed it to an exe with "Run as administrator" and that made me fare slightly better - when I install with full UI, it works. However, I still can't install from the command prompt - elevated or not.

Our customer would like to roll out the installation automatically.
Attachments
BiometricSolutions.BiometricStation.DesktopStationService.Installer.aip
(190.09 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
Catalin

Re: Quiet installations and prerequesites

Hello,

Since you enabled the "Run as administrator" option, it means that your setup turned into an EXE.

For an EXE, it should work installing the prerequisite silently. The UI Level of the prerequisite should be set to "Silent install (no UI)".

Then, the main setup should be run with a command line as it follows:

Code: Select all

setup.exe /exenoui /qn
Additionally, please note that the prerequisite should be set as "During the main package".

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”