ipollock

Advanced Installer Project Build - temp file location

Advanced Installer Enterprise 21.3
1. I'm having some issues where during the build process of an executable using an AIP temporary files are created.
2. It seems the temporary file/s are deposited in the same location where the final file will appear. (Set in Builds)
3. We have different locations on the same machine where executables are deposited. (per executable)

This can cause our AV software to trigger and prevent a build completing.

Is there a way to centralise where all temp files are located during a build of a project? (I've not found any documentation on this yet).

So for example, during the build process a folder may be created where the built executable should appear:
"d:\Project\Projectfiles\executable"
Currently the temp files such as can be locked and results in an error when trying to write out the executable: "Failed to localize one or more elements in the EXE bootstrapper. Make sure that...." and i think this is because our AV is locking the temp file. So my solution would be to create a space for these temp files and treat that area differently then it should prevent the temp files being locked during build.

Please advise?
Catalin

Re: Advanced Installer Project Build - temp file location

Hello Ian,
Is there a way to centralise where all temp files are located during a build of a project? (I've not found any documentation on this yet).
I'm afraid that is not possible.

However, I think you can whitelist the %temp% folder together with the build folder and that should suffice.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
ipollock

Ok, that's a shame but thanks very much for your response.
I'll give it a try.

Ian
Catalin

You are always welcome, Ian.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”