sonda

Show Database

I have attached simple aip file (and here is example gif video https://gifyu.com/image/Sksw3 ) where i have added SqlServeConnection dialog. The question is when Trusted Connection is unchecked and i click on tree dots ... for show databases even the user or pass is not entered the list of database will be shown is that normal behaviour, (yes i can handle that with other conditions), but by default i expect that databases will be not listed because there is no user or password entered this is confusing for the user with which user and password are used for listing databases? Should we handle this behaviour or there is some seething that handle this and we are missing?

Thanks in advance

Regards
Attachments
test_sql.aip
(20.06 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
Catalin

Re: Show Database

Hello,

Thank you very much for the provided resources!

I have tested this and I was indeed able to replicate the behavior.

Now, to be fully honest with you, I can not say for sure whether this is normal or not. I will have to check this with the developer which is in charge of this feature and will followup on this thread right after (most likely, tomorrow).

As per the documentation, this doesn't seem normal to me, but I will have to double check this.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Catalin

Hello,

As promised, here is my followup for the above.

I've discussed this with our developer and it looks like when there's no username and password provided, the connection is done automatically as "trusted". This seems to be the behavior of the ODBC driver.

With that being said, the behavior is normal.

Best regards,
Catalin
sonda

Hello thanks for your answer and time to respond. I will add some check to overcome this. Thanks
Catalin

You're always welcome!

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”