dj.ransom

MSIX Non-admin install issues

I using Advanced Installer 21.4 Trial to make a MSIX build for a WPF project. Most of my non-admin users are reporting that they can install the app but they can't run it. One user sent a video showing that the Trial popup flashed briefly and then they saw nothing after that. Has anyone had an experience like this? Any suggestions?
Catalin

Re: MSIX Non-admin install issues

Hello,

From what I can see, you have an ongoing thread with my colleague Daniel over the email.

Please continue the thread with my colleague Daniel over the email.

Also, if possible, please try to avoid creating duplicates threads as this might be a little bit confusing for us.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
wingers

Did you find a solution to this, as I am having same problem. An MSIX app which has worked fine through Microsoft Store until now. And now it will only open if I right click on start menu icon and choose run as administrator
Catalin

Hello,

From what I can see in the email thread, we weren't able to reproduce any of the above customer's issues and, as a last resort, my colleague asked if the customer can reproduce the issue on a VM that he could perhaps share with us as that was the only way forward. The customer did not reply to that request and therefore the ticket was closed.

Are you able to reproduce the issue you are mentioning on multiple machines? If so, could you please forward me the following resources:

- a copy of the AIP file you used to build your MSIX package

- the name of the app in Microsoft Store so I can download and test this

- a step-by-step test case

by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”