andygarratt

Bundling msi's to install before main installer

Hi Guys,

We have Advanced Installer Enterprise and are currently using PreRequitises to install and print driver and application before ours, however this is not really working for us as it messes up the uninstall routine (and upgrades) as it tries to uninstall them in the same order as installed, which does not work as the application is reliant on the driver so the driver cannot be uninstalled first.

Is there a way to use Custom Actions to install these applications, in a set order, then on uninstall remove them in the reverse order?

Thanks, Andy
Catalin

Re: Bundling msi's to install before main installer

Hello Andy,

In order to overcome this, you could add your prerequisites scheduled as "After main package".

This way, during the uninstall, the order will be the one you would like.

However, it is to be noted that the prerequisites will be installed after the main package, too, so if your main installation depends on the prerequisite (which is unlikely, as mostly your app depends on the prerequisite, not the package), this might not help.

Could you please try this and let me know how it goes?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
andygarratt

Thanks for the reply, can you let me know where I change this to after the main installation?

Cheers, Andy

Ignore this, I just need to drag the existing pre-reqs into the Post-Install folder.
andygarratt

Hi Catalin,

Moving the pre-requisites to post-install made no difference, on install the print driver was installed followed by the print app, on uninstall it tried to uninstall the print driver first, which failed, and then the print app.

Regards, Andy
Catalin

Hello Andy,

Let's try to continue this over the email so we avoid duplicate threads.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”