mikenes

Smart Scripting?

Hi

Caphyon has a great tool here but I was wondering if we can get a type of smart scripting? I realize we can add VBS custom actions, but it would be nice if we could edit the install directly from a "source script"...

For example, the IDE visually configures which files are copied...but currently there is no way to "drop" to a script view and write conditional execution code around that...which makes authoring intelligent setups difficult.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael
Cata

This is too funny - two posts by two different users coming from the exact same IP address, one asking a question (anonymously), the other one responding by directing the user to a competitor's product.

I removed the ad post, of course, but I left the first one.

Guys, this is an Advanced Installer forum, dedicated to helping Advanced Installer users, no to advertising other products. I am sure that there are much better places to promote your software than here...
Catalin Rotaru - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sorex

Well that was not a smart move indeed, altho I'd like to see an answer on his question.

can vb-scripts be added as source in the installer or only called as external vb-file scripts ?
Ionut

Hi,
can vb-scripts be added as source in the installer or only called as external vb-file scripts ?
Yes, VBScript files may be added as attached Custom Actions.

Regards,
Denis
Denis Toma
Advanced Installer Team
http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

Return to “Feature Requests”